Monday, February 06, 2006

http://ian-albert.com/

I was trawling the net yesterday, just goofing off, etc., and I found one of those websites with distinctly addictive qualitites. Its the home page of a guy named Ian Albert. Mr. Albert, who designs websites and does some programing, has put together something moderately insane, which is what I like about it. His site has four sections, which I'll discuss in order of increasing rock solid-ness. First, there is his collection of artwork, good stuff, but nothing revolutionary. Secondly, he provides a really useful tutorial on graphics, color theory, and typography. Equally rocking is Mr. Albert's collection of hugelicious images, mainly maps, but a grandiose unicode character chart as well. Moving on, Mr. Albert also provides us with something I would have killed a man for in the 1990s, a collection of detailed maps of video game worlds. All I can say is, yes, yes, yes. Finally, and yes, my favorite (if you ever came to my dorm room in college you'll know why), Ian Albert has put together a collection of easily downloadable Haz-Mat signs. You'll love it or you'll hate it, but I think you'll find yourself compelled to check it out.
Seriously.

No comments: