Friday, October 14, 2005

Ron Dunbar

So I've known Ron going on 10 years now. Once he, Papaw, Neal and I sat up at Neal's Farm after a frat party burning old wet hay in a bonfire till the sun came up just to see how much smoke we could make. No, it doesn't make any sense, try to move past it. That said, Ron is one of the best solo artists I've ever seen live. He's a little rock, a little classic country, a little jazz, and a little bluegrass. In other words, he's like four concerts all wrapped up in one man. Somebody give this man a contract so that I can hear him on the radio and not just in BAJA (a tiny Mexican joint in Damascus, VA where the people are nice and the beer is cold). Check out his website (http://www.rondunbar.com/) where he has some samples available (Start with "Mercy Me"). Trust me. We're in the trust tree.

No comments: