Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Hillbilly Savants

Just so you know, in case you've never met me, the photo stage left, that's me. Three languages and ten years of higher education and I still don't own a shirt or know how to spell "moonshine" on my jug. At least my formal hat has a tassel, you know, for faculty parades.

I know I haven't been posting at full speed recently. That should be changing soon. Reason being, we have this puppy going full trot now. I have been waiting to throw it up (ha) for awhile. . . I wanted to make sure we had it rocking really hard.

We do.

This is a website that several of my friends and I have started. Its called Hillbilly Savants and its about Appalachia and being Appalachian. Dig on this part:

This blog is about our Appalachia - the real one, not the Hollywood-stereotype nor the third-world nation-esque stereotype being sold by do-gooders, or even the neo-Romantic sylvan stereotype that Rousseau would probably buy into. It should be interesting.

I wrote that. Nifty, eh?

Regardless, check us out. We have plenty of musings, artistic, cultural, and political, to keep you busy, and we've been adding to it pretty frequently. If you're interesting in joining our loose association of literate mountain people, drop me some knowledge. Por favor.

No comments: