Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Stephen Colbert

I love political satire. I love it. I believe that I fell in love with it the first time I read Jonathon Swift's Gulliver's Travels and A Modest Proposal, back in Mrs. Hart's English class my senior year in high school (circa 1994). I love The Onion, I love The Daily Show, and I won't apologize for any of it. In fact, I think you should too.

Stephen Colbert, formerly of The Daily Show and currently of The Colbert Report, is the epitome of satire. He is, frankly, a genius. And he is one of the bravest fools I know - I've never heard a man roast people of such power to their faces as he did recently at this year's Annual White House Correspondents Dinner - famous for its comedy, granted, but never this quality, in my humble opinion. Check it out. Trust me, it'll be the best 20 minutes of your day.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I particularly enjoyed the Helen Thomas cameo. That was priceless. Oh and the profane symbols thrown at Scalia. That was pretty awesome too.