Thursday, April 06, 2006

DJ Intel One

Okay, so there I am, making fun of Natalie Portman. Nothing new - granted, she is beautiful, rich, and famous, and I'm a dumpy hillbilly halfway between impoverished student and impovrished scholar, but damn. Regardless, I'm making fun of her and I decided, for whatever reason, to check her out on IMDB, see what movies she was in. Frankly, it was more than I had thought. Who cares.

So, there I am looking, and I see this little link for trivia. Now, I'm a sucker for obscure, worthless knowledge (look at this site and you'll understand why), so I check it out. And there, before my wondering eyes, is a tidbit too disconcerting not to investigate. Let me quote it, "Has a CD named after her by Chicago-based DJ Intel One. The CD was done for charity, given away, and titled 'Love: A Tribute to Natalie Portman.' It featured songs by Shelley Duvall, Common, The Roots, and others."

Okay. Wow. Two thoughts came to mind. One, "somebody has a stalker," and two, "Intel One?" He named himself after a computer chip. Oh no he didn't. No.

But he did. And I looked him up to be certain.

Alright, here's the part of this I'm ashamed of. Sorta'. He's pretty damn good.

You can listen to his jonx on mySpace.com . . . everything he has posted pretty much rocks. As of this post, well, his homepage wasn't entirely set-up. But it looks nearly complete, so I'm including it for later consideration, and you can download jonx from it, including a zip file of "Love: A Tribute to Natalie Portman" (which I haven't listened to yet, but probably will, despite myself). Dig.

1 comment:

dj intel said...

Wow. Thanks. I opened up my Gmail and there's a link to this. Solid work. Intel