Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Hisashi Tenmyouya

I don't get enough East Asian art. It is true. I have long loved both Chinese and Japanese painting (its tough to be an expressionist and not, of course), and I became deeply acquainted with it back at the ol' University of Virginia when I took courses from Dorothy Wong and Yunsheng Huang, both of whom I highly recommend. Regardless, Mr. Echols dropped me some serious knowledge in the service of rock and roll when this metaphoric atomic device rolled staunchly across my brow. Bizzyzam.

How do you describe the work of Hisashi Tenmyouya? Um. . . think traditional Ukiyo-e meets H.R. Geiger. I know, you're weirded out. Maybe even a little nauseous. Trust me. Get in the trust bus and ride to Dollyvania. Bam.

What? Look at Tenmyouya's site. Ignore the rest.

No comments: