Sunday, April 02, 2006

Fischerspooner

Okay, as I sit here taking advantage of my little brother's high-speed connection, I have decided to throw up like, eighty entries. Well, at least three or four. First on the list is a little band Mr. Echols introduced me to - they're name is Fischerspooner.

If at first you're thinking, hey, is that a new type of artificial fish lure, well, you're not alone. Probably. I mean, I didn't, but probably some one else did.

They're techno, they're a little awesome, and they're music is highly produced and ultra-slick. Like most techno that's worth more than a pop of X and a serious flip-out session (or a six-week stint as background jonx at a hockey club), well, its heavily dependent on creating original sound and beat combinations as well as interesting and complex lyrics. Check out some samples (not full-length, I'm afraid) of their jonx at the Echman recommended site, or check out their shizzle in a broaded, but related context here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a good human for bringing the masses such quality music information. Thanks for getting this up.

Hot Hot Heat is next, my friend.