Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Websites as Graphs and a Band Named Phebus

This website is totally awesome and also serves little to no observable purpose. Can I hear a buya?

Hit the website, enter your website (or the website of anyone else you want to map, for instance, to allow you to storm it more successfully with your, um, stormtroopers). Then wait for it. Wait for it. Wait for it.




Eventually you'll get maps something like these:




Oh damn! That's awesome.

The Maker (a jonx named Sala) is, by the by, also a member of a band named Phebus - I am still considering their groove right now . . . reminds me a little of Coheed and Cambria, but only superficially . . . has a real Euro-rock feeling, kinda' like a light U2. I dunno. You can check 'm out here on mySpace.com - also, their home page is here (in German, but WorldLingo translated it pretty efficiently for me) and you can download a song of Phebus' which pretty much rocks off a link from the mapping/graphing site above here. You also might want to check out this promotional site.

Oh yeah. And there is this thing (conceptual artwork). If you're into that sort of thing.

4 comments:

cechols said...

Dude:

That is totally AWESOME! If only I could visit this awesome site through some sort of clickable link embedded in your blog. Perhaps then I could make a molecular graph of my own website.

If only...

Eric Drummond Smith said...

Dammit.

Error repaired.

cechols said...

Smith:

You're the man. I managed to Google-stalk the page and enjoy some graphtastic magic, but thanks for repairing the link. It is a very cool html applet - one of the coolest I've seen.

If you map some popular, large sites, you'll get enormous graphs that take hours to unfold. I'm sure everyone is trying these, but amazon.com, fark.com, and apple.com are pretty excellent.

medvegonok said...

Really cool visualization of websites. Does anybody know where to find the source code of this applet?